Poltava region ( Ukrainian - Poltava region , 28.8 thousand km 2 , 4.8% of the territory of Ukraine) is the only left-bank region of Central Ukraine. Poltava region was founded in 1937. Details about the history of the Poltava region - here , about the geography of the Poltava region - here .
Sights of the Poltava region
From annalistic times in the region only fragments of earthen fortifications have survived. Traditionally, the most ancient architectural monuments are the cult (Orthodox) buildings of the XVIII century. The following centuries are various buildings of administrative, estate and religious purposes, parks and all kinds of monuments.
- Birch Rudka - family tomb of the Zakrevsky family
- Great Bagachka - interesting monuments
- Great Sorochintsy - one of the Gogol places
- Velikoseletskoye - Iron Woman Mound
- Vishnyaki - Obolonsky estate
- Veprik - earthen ramparts, ancient churches
- Gadyach - taka Ukraine, scho ukrainian English dumb ...
- Gogolevo - a wonderful museum of the writer Gogol in a former family estate
- Yeristovsky GOK - a unique place with gigantic technology
- Kremenchug - rock with flood levels and other attractions
- Kozelshchina - monastery of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- Commandant - a mysterious pyramid
- Lubny - temples, museum of local lore, etc.
- Mgar - an ancient monastery
- Mirgorod - resort town
- Novoavramovka - landscape square, Katyusha
- Oposhnaya - the center of Ukrainian pottery
- Orzhitsa - memorial to Soviet soldiers
- Piryatin - Cossack church
- Tarasovka - Goroshin hillfort, breathtaking landscapes
- Khomutets - the estate of the Ant-Apostles
- Khorol - military attractions
- Chervony Kut - the place of signing of the Hadyatsky lands
- Chernukhi - the birthplace of Grigory Skovoroda
- Shishaki - Vernadsky museums and other attractions
Sights of the Poltava region by region
- Velikobagachansky district
- Gadyachsky district
- Zenkovsky district
- Kobelyaksky district
- Kozelshchinsky district
- Kremenchug district
- Lubensky district
- Mirgorod district
- Orzhitsky district
- Piryatinsky district
- Khorolsky district
- Chernukhin district
- Shishatsky district
Our Facebook page: Tsіkava Ukraine .
Like to track new on the site.